Past Seafood Champions
First presented in 2006, the Seafood Champion Awards annually recognize individuals and companies for outstanding leadership in promoting environmentally responsible seafood. Seafood Choices established the award to honor those in the seafood industry whose past and/or present contributions demonstrate a commitment to innovation that leads to change.
To learn about the current Seafood Champions and nomination process, go to our Seafood Champions page.
The winners of the 6th annual Seafood Champion Awards are:
The 2011 winners were announced at the International Boston Seafood Show.
For journalists seeking additional information about the Seafood Champions, please contact: Jackie Marks (+1 301.495.9570).
Past award winners and their profiles are featured below:
Seafood Champions 2010
- The Co-operative
- Howard Johnson
- KLM In-Flight Services
- Réseau des Journalistes pour une pêche responsable en Afrique de l'Ouest (REJOPRAO)
- Helene York
Seafood Champions 2009
- American Albacore Fishing Association (AAFA)
- Caroline Bennett
- Gary Johnson, McDonald's
- Australis Aquaculture
- OSO Madagascar - Mathias Ismail
- Association des Ligneurs de la Pointe de Bretagne
Seafood Champions 2008
- Association du Grand Littoral Atlantique (AGLIA)
- Mike Mitchell (Foodvest)
- The Plitt Company
- Chef Barton Seaver and Hook Restaurant
- Sunburst Trout Co.
- Bart van Olphen (Fishes)
Seafood Champions 2007
- Fedele Bauccio, CEO and Co-founder of Bon Appétit Management Company
- Frontera Grill & Topolobampo Restaurants
- Lindblad Expeditions
- Peter Redmond
Seafood Champions 2006
- EcoFish, Inc.
- Gourmet Magazine
- Marks & Spencer
- Rick Moonen
- Jacques Pepin
Back to Top >